Robert Evans began his career as a civil engineer, working for international consultants and contractors in the UK and in Hong Kong, specialising in marine works and dredging. He was admitted as a corporate member of the Institution of Civil Engineers in 1985 and was made a Fellow in 2008.
Robert was called to the Bar in 1989 and as a member of Keating Chambers he specialises in construction, engineering and energy disputes and professional negligence work in the UK and abroad. He is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
Robert now predominately acts as arbitrator, adjudicator and mediator, in international and domestic disputes. He is a CEDR accredited mediator.
Meet the panel
The Dispute Resolution Panel is responsible for advising on any matter concerned with dispute resolution which may affect ICE and its members.
Other Panel members
What are we working on
The panel's key work focuses on:
- Establishing the standards of qualification, experience and training necessary for inclusion on ICE approved Dispute Resolution Registers.
- Identifying improvements or new services and products for ICE's Dispute Resolution Services.
- Organising Alternative Dispute Resolution CPD workshops and seminars.
- Reviewing and amending ICE's Dispute Resolution Procedure.
- Assessing the eligibility of people applying to join the Dispute Resolution Registers.